Today's Job Tips
America’s Job Center: 420 Laurel Street, Willows, CA 95988 & 604 E. Walker Street Ste. A, Orland, CA 95963
Today's Job Tips - June 28, 2017http://www.countyofglenn.net/job-tips For questions with Job Tips On-Line email: email@example.com or call Connie (530) 934-1493
“Meeting the workforce needs of our community by developing mutually beneficial partnerships which encourage success and strengthen our local economy.”
Note: The Glenn County HHSA provides Job Tips as information only; inclusion of job information in this document does not in any way imply endorsement of any employer by this agency.
Centros de Trabajo América están localizadas en: Willows, CA al 420 calle E. Laurel Y en Orland, CA al 604 calle E. Walker Ste. A
Trabajos De Hoy - junio 28, 2017http://www.countyofglenn.net/job-tips Para preguntas sobre Job Tips On-Line, se puede comunicar por correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org Este documento puede ser traducido sobre aviso. Llame al 934-1499 para hablar con Elizabeth y recibir asistencia.
“Cumpliendo las necesidades de la fuerza laboral de nuestra comunidad mediante el desarollo con asociaciones mutualmente beneficiosas que estimulan éxito y fortalecen nuestra economía local."
Nota: La Agencia de Recursos Humanos del Condado de Glenn suministra los Trabajos de Hoy como información solamente; inclusión de información de trabajos en este documento, en ninguna forma, significa que esta agencia endorsa los empleadores.
The Estimating Assistant position is an integral part of the team
and working environment at the Company. It is the responsibility
of this position to communicate with customers, handle incoming projects,
and maintain customer correspondence and records. This individual must be
organized, a multi-tasker, thrive in a fast-paced and ever changing environment,
and be an effective communicator. The Company offers a positive work environment,
competitive wages, and health insurance including: medical, dental, and vision.
The Company also offers paid holidays*, vacation*, and 401(k) with company match.
• Manage bid requests
• Print plans
• Review takeoff
• Type bid proposal
• Maintain customer communication
• Maintain bid list
• Follow-up with customers on bid award and start date
• Keep Management apprised of job/bid progress
• Answer phones
• Manage filing
• Manage plans organization
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Must pass a drug screen and background check
This position is 30 hours per week. Schedule for this position is Monday -Friday, hours may be negotiated.
Close Date: 06/30/2017
The PSE–TAY Peer Mentor at the Glenn County Health & Human Services Agency provides support,
mentoring, education, skill-building, advocacy, and youth-guided programming to persons receiving services at the
Behavioral Health Department as well as community drop-in youth of the TAY population. The TAY Peer Mentor positions
may also provide a variety of services related to the operation of the TAY Drop-In Center. Youth appointed to this
position will work predominately out of the TAY component out of the TAY drop-in center in Orland.
Applicants MUST be between the ages of 16-25, and persons with personal lived experience of resiliency or
recovery from a mental health challenge are strongly encouraged. This position is at-Will,
Temporary and Part-Time - scheduled for up to eighteen (18) hours per week. Bilingual applicants and
Consumers are encouraged to apply. This recruitment may be used to establish a list to fill future
vacancies for the next six (6) months.
Applications are now being accepted for full time positions.
The prep cook/dishwasher supports the cooks by preparing food ingredients,
washing dishes, cleaning the kitchen, setting up patient trays, stocking the
café and patient care areas, performs cashier duties/customer service at the café
order window, and participates in food safety measures. (Per Diem). Shifts: 4 hour day shifts 9am-1:00pm, weekdays,
approx 20 hours/week - more depending on need. Qualifications: High school graduate
or equivalent preferred. Previous food service experience preferred (retail food service,
skilled nursing, grocery, hospital, etc.) California Food Handlers Certificate
(www.servsafe.com) to be obtained within 30 days of hire. Must be able to perform basic
computer functions and operate a cash register. Chosen applicant will have excellent
written and verbal communication skills. Personal Attributes: Able to get along with others,
hardworking, takes pride in his/her work, and dependable.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in developing the Lean culture, including identification of improvement opportunities at facility and coordinating/leading improvement teams with a core focus on elimination of non-value added activities.
• Identify process improvements and support the tracking and implementation of these projects to production.
• Lead and direct improvement teams for 5S, Kaizen, or A3 projects.
• Partner with other Lifetouch facilities to benchmark and compare CI activities.
• Evaluate production and quality data to prioritize areas of potential improvement.
• Support operational priorities - Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost Containment.
• Analyze production problems related to equipment and system failures and identify corrective action (FMEA).
• Help to identify takt time in order determine equipment and labor requirements to support capacity, product, or volume changes.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide supplemental support for 2nd shift coverage with Production Supervisors.
• Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of business productivity and presentation software (Microsoft or Google).
• Strong team player; works well with all levels of employees collaboratively and respectfully.
• Ability to meet deadlines and deliver against aggressive schedule pressures.
• Ability to gather and document production requirements.
• Ability to prioritize, delegate, track and coordinate multiple tasks.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and creative problem solving ability.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
Provide exceptional customer service in fast paced work environment to ensure customer’s return visit.
Essential Job Functions:
• Promote trust and respect among associates. Works well in a team environment.
• Excellent phone and computer skills a must
• Enter patient’s information into computer accurately and efficiently
• Candidate must be organized and display a positive attitude.
• Understand and follow company guidelines
• Ability to multitask while keeping up with fast-paced work environment.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Make deliveries.
Previous Job Experience
• Previous retail experience a plus.
Candidate must have valid CDL and good driving record (will be driving company vehicle)
FULLY TRAINED COOK/CHEF
We are looking for a reliable cook/chef with breakfast, lunch, and dinner skills.
We have been primarily a breakfast & lunch cafe but are excited about developing opportunities to grow and expand, and serve our customers in new ways.
5 days per week. Early mornings, weekends, and holidays are required. Please do not apply if you are unavailable or unwilling to work during those times.
The job allows for some creativity. We are looking for someone who can plan and prepare fantastic breakfast/lunch specials, perform some kitchen management tasks, and who is able to display some leadership skills by helping to train new cooks in the basics and beyond.
A minimum of 2 years of experience cooking in a non fast-food commercial environment is required, and pay will be dependent upon experience and skill level. Required experience: 2 years cooking in a commercial restaurant kitchen (fast food experience does not count). Required license or certification: Food Handler required, Food Safety Manager preferred.
employment type: FULL TIME/PART TIME Willows Glass is accepting applications for a Glazier position and/or Auto Glass Installer. Individual will need to have a valid CA driver license with clean DMV record and be insurable to drive company vehicles. Person should be motivated, energetic and take great pride in ones work. Also needs to have dependable transportation to get to and from work and be drug free. We are looking for a person capable of working solo or with a group. All skill levels of glass installation experience will be considered. We offer: Competitive Pay, Paid Vacation, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance Benefits and Paid Holidays.
Orland Vision Center is looking for an OPTOMETRIC TECHNICIAN to work 28-40 hours a week. Bilingual preferred. Must be a team player, outgoing, computer proficient and reliable. Experience desired. We are willing to train the right candidate. Pay depends on experience.
Close Date: 07/14/2017
RUSH is recruiting now for immediate openings in ORLAND!
16 Sorters = $11.50/hr
2 Packers = $12.00/hr
Forklift Operators/Machine Operators: $12.50hr
Monday thru Friday
4pm - 12:30am
Se Habla Espanol
The coffee server, or "coffee host," is primarily
responsible for driving sales through coffee execution,
appearance, and maintenance. The coffee host is also
responsible for providing customers with excellent
service and assisting with beverage choices to ensure
that each customer enjoys an unparalleled store
experience. It's the best coffee on the interstate!
The Administrative Assistant is the assistant to the RCD, reporting to the Executive Officer and is responsible for assisting in the RCD’s business consistent with the strategic plan, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures of the RCD. The position requires an ability to work as part of a team as well as independently to complete duties. The Administrative Assistant must have the ability to work flexibly within a set of wide-ranging and often changeable tasks. The position will be a Non-Exempt temporary, part-time position which is contingent upon available funding. The position may be for approximately 24 hours per week, with opportunity to become 40 hours per week. Benefits may include vacation, sick leave, holidays, and bereavement leave. This position will be based at the USDA Service Center, 132 North Enright Avenue, Suite C in Willows, California 95988.
The Glenn County In Home Supportive Services is currently recruiting for Registry Care Providers to assist elderly and or disabled individuals on the IHSS program to remain safely in their home. As an IHSS Registry provider, you will be referred out to the consumers of the IHSS program and be paid directly through the State of California. You will get hired, trained, and supervised by your IHSS consumer. An IHSS provider makes an immeasurable contribution to the quality of someone’s life. You are the difference between institutional or independent living for a Glenn County Resident in need.
Close Date: 07/07/2017
ADM in Arbuckle is recruiting to fill Sorters, Cleaners, Forklift Operators,
Quality Control, Laborers, etc.
Hiring Now for all positions:
Under the direction of county staff, the Agricultural Specialist I participates in carrying out exotic pest
(insect or plant) trapping or surveillance activities in support of plant pest detection and trapping programs.
Under the general direction of a designated supervisor, as well as operating within established guidelines
and procedures, the incumbent performs activities in the area of pest prevention and eradication.
Prior beekeeping experience helpful, not required
(employer willing to train). Candidate must have valid
CDL and clean DMV record. Must be reliable and dependable,
serious about the job. Full-Time position. Pay depending on
verifiable experience. Paid vacation after one-year of
Primary duties include light manufacturing, assembly of risers and pipe, loading various products
with a forklift for customers as needed, general maintenance, lifting objects over 50 lbs, and local deliveries.
The right candidate will have a strong work ethic, desire to perform at their highest level, and always ready and
willing to expand their knowledge and skills.
This is science related work in a rice breeding program. Includes physical labor of setting up experiments and collection of data and samples. Seasonal position.
Assist individual with meal preparation, light housekeeping and laundry duties, assist with bathing and personal care, accompany individual on walks, and perform other IHSS-approved work activities. Bi-lingual English and Spanish. Must meet IHSS employment qualifications.
Johns Manville in Willows is recruiting for multiple
Close Date: 07/14/2017
Scale Clerk/Weighmaster needed for temporary, seasonal position lasting approximately three months.
Essential Job Functions:
• Weigh trucks in and out.
• Data entry
• Scanning and filing paperwork.
• Update maps, print labels, input inventory
• Communicate with growers if needed.
• Communicate with receiving personnel.
• Run moisture samples when needed.
• Keep the yard personnel updated
• Communication with truckers
• Radio Communication
Qualifications and Capabilities:
• Must be able to work with computers and be proficient in Excel
• Ability to learn scale program.
• Ability to multi task
• Keep a positive attitude under pressure.
• Must be a team player.
• Detail Oriented
• Flexible Schedule
• Bilingual a plus but not required
Pay starts at $12/hour. Schedule will be 6 hours per day with 8 hours on Saturdays and working 5 to 6 days per week. Please submit resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Class A Driver/Warehouse position open in Willows.
Job responsibilities for Driver/Warehouse position:
• Delivering product to local locations
• Working in a warehouse to move product
• Operating forklift
Job requirements for Driver/Warehouse position:
• Must have a Class A or B license with a clean driving record
• Must have tankers endorsement.
Monday through Friday day shift schedule. Pay at $16+ DOE. Long-term opportunity with a great company. Please email resume or detailed work history to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Production/Concrete Laborer needed for full-time opportunity in Orland, CA.
Responsibilities of the Production/Concrete Laborer:
• Handling material
• Cleaning up work site and concrete forms
• Finishing and testing product
• Operating hand and power tools.
Requirements of Production/Concrete Laborer:
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time
• Prior construction, concrete or manufacturing experience helpful
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and criminal background check
• Position requires steel-toed boots.
Great position with long-term potential. Starting wage is $11/hour and pays $12/hour once hired on with company. Please send resume or detailed work history to email@example.com or click to apply https://jobs.expresspros.com/job/details?jobControlNum=13056985 or contact our office at 530-527-0727 for immediate consideration.
Great direct hire position with excellent pay and benefits! The Production Manager is responsible for all phases of production activities at the facility. This position will need to work well in a team environment, making sure that everyone is striving towards the same goals and objectives. These goals and objectives will include:
• Manage a plant production schedule to satisfy sales requirements while maximizing line efficiencies.
• Work with the Quality Manager to insure all products are made to customer specifications.
• Monitor goals for the production staff to create motivation for improvement.
• Manage production material inventories to insure the necessary items are available for all planned production. This includes the purchasing of materials.
• Manage finished product inventories to insure necessary products for scheduled shipments are ready when needed.
• Report monthly costs for production materials and packaging.
• Maintain a strong safety program to provide a safe workplace for employees.
• Develop an annual budget for production and operating supplies.
• Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
• Evaluate plant processes and determine ways to optimize throughput and efficiencies.
• Manage the production workforce to reduce headcount and minimize overtime.
• Work with suppliers of production and operating supplies to develop and improve relationships.
• Maintain a housekeeping program for the production department.
• Conduct personnel training to meet company objectives and regulatory requirements.
• Assist in the planning and execution of capital projects.
Pay is $50,000-$70,000 Salary DOE. Direct Hire position. Please email resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.