County Road Z Bridge over Campbell Slough Project Completed October 6, 2011
Construction on the County Road Z Bridge over Campbell Slough is complete! - Glenn County has been pursuing the replacement of this bridge for more than 20 years and is very happy to announce its completion. While final project costs won’t be in until the final Federal aid project closeout documentation is complete, overall project costs including design, construction, and construction management are currently estimated at $992,000 of the $1,164,780 allocated.
This project, designed by TRC/Imbsen, replaced an aging, narrow bridge constructed in 1917 with a new 105-ft long reinforced concrete bridge.
The construction contract was awarded to Franklin Construction, Inc. of Chico. They began work on the new structure located over Campbell Slough approximately 1½- miles north of State Highway 162 on June 9. Their work was completed October 6, 2011, under budget and one week ahead of schedule. Final contract cost was $731,451.56 of the $802,414 budgeted.
This project was funded through the Federal Highway Bridge Replacement and Rehabilitation program with the Federal program paying 88 percent of the project cost and the County paying the remaining 12 percent, or $87,774. It is estimated that the project infused nearly $425,000 into the local economy for the purchase of materials and the payment of local subcontractors.