The Glenn County Air Pollution Control District is the Administering Agency of the Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA) for Glenn County.
The Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA) is responsible for implementing a unified hazardous materials and hazardous waste management regulatory program. The agency provides oversight of the six state-mandated programs:
1. Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP)
2. California Accidental Release Program (CalARP)
3. Underground Storage Tank Program (UST)
4. Aboveground Storage Tank Program (APSA)
5. Hazardous Waste Generator Program
6. Tiered Permitting Program
Compliance is achieved through routine inspections of all regulated facilities, and investigation of citizen based complaints and inquiries regarding improper handling and/or disposal of hazardous materials and/or hazardous wastes. Hazardous waste source reduction is a primary goal of the CUPA. Additionally, the agency provides oversight for the remediation of contaminated sites.
All regulated businesses must report their Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP) electronically, using the California Environmental Reporting System (CERS).