Glenn County Health and Human Services Agency - Alcohol and Drug will hold its 12th Annual “Recovery Happens” event to celebrate and inform the public that recovery from addiction is possible. This inspirational event celebrates the lives of people who are recovering from alcohol and/or drug addiction. Recovery Happens provides a platform to inform the community about the positive impact that treatment and recovery from addictions has on our community.
Strengthening Families Referral Form (Spanish)
The following services are available in English and Spanish to help you overcome Substance abuse and use disorders:
Adult Outpatient Program
- This program includes assessment; treatment planning; individual and group counseling; services for family; crisis intervention; and discharge planning.
- Individual and group counseling helps you to identify attitudes and behaviors connected to your substance use problems.
- Counseling covers issues related to your recovery, including health practices; life skills; values and motivations; treatment action plans; and relapse prevention.
- Services typically last 6 months, depending on your needs.
- This program offers intensive day treatment and individual and group counseling for mothers and pregnant women who have substance use issues.
- Services focus on education; counseling for issues that are important to you, including parenting skills; and linking you and your children to other needed services, such as health care and dental services.
- Child care and transportation are available to help you participate in this program.
- Services last typically from 6 to 12 months.
- Medical documentation that substantiates your pregnancy and/or the last day of your pregnancy may be required.
Treatment Court Programs
- Drug Court is available to some drug offenders as an alternative to incarceration. Placement is made through probation and the courts.
- Drug courts offer an intensive team-style approach to treatment. Clients are responsible for attending groups, individual services, community support meetings, and drug testing with probation.
- Services last from 3 months to 3 years, depending on your needs and the program.
- The youth program provides services on a continuum from prevention and early intervention through treatment.
- Services include drug and alcohol education; relapse prevention; and individual and group counseling.
Services for Co-Occurring Disorders
- We work closely with Glenn County Mental Health to ensure an integrated approach to treating co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders. During the intake process, you will be screened to determine if a referral to mental health services is appropriate.
- We provide 24-hour behavioral health access line to link you to service and provide crisis service.
- We can arrange for residential substance use treatment, if appropriate.
The Glenn County Substance Use Disorder Program is part of the Health Services Agency.