Housing & Energy Services

The Housing and Weatherization Unit provides energy, utility and rent subsidy programs in Colusa, Glenn and Trinity Counties.

In addition, the Housing and Weatherization Unit also offers housing repairs and improvements, as well as financial assistance programs for home-buyers in Glenn County.

  Please call (530) 934-6510 or 1-800-287-8711 to reach the Housing and Weatherization Unit.

Utility Assistance

The Utility Assistance Program provides utility assistance to eligible households in Colusa, Glenn and Trinity Counties. Utility assistance can help households in meeting their energy costs. Assistance is in the form of either a credit on your electric/gas utility bill, propane/oil account, or in the form of a voucher for wood. Assistance is also available to households that may need repair or replacements of their current gas heating units due to possible health or safety issues.

You may request an application by mail for utility assistance through the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP). Call 1-800-287-8711 and leave a voice mail message with your name and address and an application will be mailed to you. You may also download  an application for utility assistance by visting the Colusa-Glenn-Trinity Community Action Partnership website.

Completed HEAP applications, along with all required documentation, should be mailed to:

Glenn Co. HHSA / HEAP
420 E. Laurel Street
Willows, CA  95988

If you have a 48-hour notice, you may come to either of the HRA offices or either of the Family Resource Centers and someone will be able to help you. For specific locations in your area please contact one of the phone numbers listed above.

Housing Rehabilitation Program

Housing Rehabilitation programs are available to income-eligible individuals and families. Housing Rehabilitation gives residents living in Glenn County the opportunity to get a low-interest loan to improve their living conditions, if the living conditions are health and safety issues. Repairs include: improving physical access for disabled persons; roof repair and/or replacement; electrical wiring; foundations; plumbing; heating and cooling; and room additions to address over-crowding. You must own and live in your home to be eligible for this program, or be an owner-investor of the property.

An application can be mailed to you or you may pick up an application in person at the Willows office of the Glenn County HHSA, 420 E. Laurel Street, Willows, CA 95988

Weatherization Program

Weatherization services are provided to income-eligible households. Services include attic insulation and venting; door weather-stripping; glass replacement; low-flow showerheads; and gas appliance replacement. All of these services will help to conserve energy and reduce utility bills. Services are available to owner-occupied and tenant-occupied dwellings throughout Colusa, Glenn and Trinity Counties.

An application may be obtained by calling 1-800-287-8711, or Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM.

If you have an emergency, such as a faulty appliance, you may come to either of the HRA offices and someone will be able to assist you. For the location nearest you, please call one of the numbers listed above.

Additional Information