How to make a face mask
Below you will find resources on how to make fabric face masks.
If you would like to donate any masks, please drop them off at Glenn County Public Health located at 240 N. Villa Ave., Willows, CA. If you have questions regarding the donation of masks, please call (530) 934-6588
If you are using homemade fabric masks for your own use, please be aware of the following:
- The California Departments of Public Health has a guidance on Face Coverings (i.e. cloth masks). Please checkout this Guidance: CDPH Face Covering Guidance to the Public.
- The mask could accumulate the virus on the outside of the mask. If the mask is touched or removed, hands must be washed.
- If the mask becomes wet or starts to accumulate moisture, the mask should be switched out for a new one.
- Masks need to be washed at least on a daily basis.
- Homemade masks are not substitutes for regular Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (i.e. N95 masks) and should not be relied on to protect you from contracting the Coronavirus. These masks should not replace certified PPE.