Safety / Loss Prevention Program
The Personnel Department is responsible for overseeing the County’s Safety and Loss Prevention Program.
The goal of this program is to:
- Provide a safe and healthful environment for both county employees, as well as members of the public receiving county services.
- Prevention and/or reduction in injuries and losses.
- Compliance with state and federal law.
Some of the services provided by this department include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining the county’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP),
- Assisting departments with their safety programs,
- Coordinating the County’s Safety Committee, and
- Coordinating safety training for county staff.
When: February 12, 2020
Time: 11:00 am
Location: Memorial Hall Bldg., Board of Supervisors Conference Room
Risk Management Accreditation Program (RMAP)
The intent of this program is to assist our departments in the reduction of losses, enhancement of existing safety or loss prevention programs, and compliance with regulations imposed by state and federal statutes.
On average, the County of Glenn will be able to allocate approximately $10,000 per fiscal year to appropriate Safety related projects. Please click on the links below for the current fiscal year application schedule as well as the Risk Management Accreditation Program (RMAP) application document and correlating instructions. Please ensure that you are submitting application materials in a timely manner. Applications received after the posted deadline will be held for consideration in the next quarter.
Safety Program Documents
Safety Committee Minutes
- August 2019 Safety Committee Minutes
- June 2019 Safety Committee Minutes
- February 2019 Safety Committee Minutes
- November 2018 Safety Committee Minutes
- August 2018 Safety Committee Minutes
- May 2018 Safety Committee Minutes
- February 2018 Safety Committee Minutes
- November 2017 Safety Committee Minutes
- August 2017 Safety Committee Minutes
- May 2017 Safety Committee Minutes
- February 2017 Safety Committee Minutes
- Accident Investigation Form
- Employee Report of Unsafe Condition or Hazard Form
- Ergonomic Evaluation Request Form
- Ergonomic Evaluation Checklist
- Incident Report Form
- Job Safety Analysis Form
- Safety and Health Orientation Checklist
- Site Inspection Form
- Vehicle Incident Information
- Ergonomics Program
- Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- First Aid Kit and Protective Equipment Policy and Guidelines
- Heat Stress Policy
Safety First and Always
- Buckle Up. Every Trip. Every Time.
- Always plan ahead, use a Designated Sober Driver.
- Don’t text or talk on your cell phone while driving – even hands-free. If you need to make a call, check road or weather conditions or respond to a text, wait until you stop in safe place, such as a rest stop or parking lot.
- Carry an emergency kit. You can build your own with tips found at https://www.ots.ca.gov/ots-and-traffic-safety/traffic-safety-tips/roadside-emergency-kit/.
- Share the driving with other passengers to avoid fatigue.
- Schedule trips to allow for frequent breaks. Take time to pull over at rest stops to stretch your legs and focus your head.
- Don’t fall into the trap of driving while angry – aggressive driving kills.
Caltrans Road Conditions