Project bids have been received and submitted to the funding agency (FAA) for approval. Stay tuned for more on this project.
The Public Works Agency performs a number of management functions and oversees numerous activities in service to the citizens of the county including:
- Issuing and inspecting encroachment and transportation permits for work performed within the public right of way and the movement of extralegal loads on roadways.
- Managing and overseeing flood control and conservation districts.
- Managing, operating, constructing, and maintaining public roads, bridges, and various other related road features.
- Managing solid waste operations, county landfills, and the transfer station.
- Managing, operating, constructing, and maintaining airports in Willows and Orland.
- Managing and overseeing transportation planning through the Glenn County Transportation Commission.
- Overseeing the Transit Division through the Glenn County Transportation Commission.
- Performing the duties of the county surveyor.
- Working with other county departments to process and provide guidelines for various land development matters such as subdivisions, property surveys, and use permits.