We remain open with no changes to services, but walk in consultations are suspended for the time being. Please refer to the attached flyer for more information.
The Public Works Agency performs a number of management functions and oversees numerous activities in service to the citizens of the county including:
- Issuing and inspecting encroachment and transportation permits for work performed within the public right of way and the movement of extralegal loads on roadways.
- Managing and overseeing flood control and conservation districts.
- Managing, operating, constructing, and maintaining public roads, bridges, and various other related road features.
- Managing solid waste operations, county landfills, and the transfer station.
- Managing, operating, constructing, and maintaining airports in Willows and Orland.
- Managing and overseeing transportation planning through the Glenn County Transportation Commission.
- Overseeing the Transit Division through the Glenn County Transportation Commission.
- Performing the duties of the county surveyor.
- Working with other county departments to process and provide guidelines for various land development matters such as subdivisions, property surveys, and use permits.