Drought - Assistance Programs
Drought Public Assistance Programs
Programas de Asistencia por Sequía Para obtener información y asistencia en español, llame al Departamento de Planificación al 530-934-6540
All drought assistance programs are for Glenn County residents who have water insecurities due to well water issues (dry well etc.) and have filed a Well Incident Report.
To file a Well Incident Report, click here
Todos los programas de asistencia por sequía son para los que viven en el Condado de Glenn que no tienen agua debido a problemas con el pozo (pozo seco, etc.) y han hecho un reporte llamado Informe de Incidente de Pozo. Para hacer un reporte, Informe de Incidente de Pozo, haga clic aquí
Please refer to the attached presentation from the Community Meeting for an introduction to the projects and assistance programs.
Press release from North Valley Community Foundation regarding availability of emergency water assistance programs,
- December 5, 2022 press release - extension of drought relief programs
- April 29, English Press release
- 29 de Abril programas de asistencia
Drinking Water Delivery and Water Tank Programs
Programa de entrega de agua potable y tanque de agua
Glenn County has partnered with North Valley Community Foundation on a grant from DWR for urgent drinking water needs. This program has two parts, a bottled drinking water delivery service and a water tank program with delivery of non-potable water.
NVCF 530-230-4153 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Glenn County residents with no running water due to private well water issues may contact North Valley Community Foundation (NVCF) to see if they qualify for bottled drinking water delivery or a water tank. Call NVCF at 530-230-4153.
Los que viven en el Condado de Glenn que no tengan agua debido a problemas con un pozo seco pueden comunicarse con al Departamento de Planificación del Condado de Glenn al 530-934-6540 o a la Ciudad de Orland al 530-865-1610
Orland Area Water Supply Project
City of Orland Water System Connections Program - The City of Orland was awarded a grant from Department of Water Resources (DWR) to assist with connecting additional residents to the city water system.
- The initial project area has been announced as of February 9, 2022. Please refer to this press release from the City of Orland
- Orland Water Supply Project Frequently Asked Questions document and project slide show presentation from November 2021.
City of Orland is expanding its city water system. To learn more about this water system expansion, to see if your residence may qualify to be included, or for assistance in completing the program contract in Spanish, call Orland City Hall at 530-865-1610 or visit Orland City Hall in person at 815 4th street, Orland.
- La ciudad de Orland está expandiendo su sistema de agua de la ciudad. Para obtener más información sobre esta expansión del sistema de agua, para ver si su residencia puede calificar para ser incluida o para obtener ayuda para completar el contrato del programa en español, llame a la oficina de la Cuidad de Orland al 530-865-1610 o visite la oficina en persona al 815 4th St. en Orland.
- Initial project map for City of Orland water system expansion is below
RCAC Water Well Loan Program
Please note that the RCAC program (below) is currently the only program in place to assist individual home owners with permanent well solutions.
RCAC Household Water Well Programs
- RCAC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides training, technical and financial resources to rural communities.
- RCAC provides FREE well assessments and educational resources for private well owners. Individual Well Program through RCAC
- RCAC Contact Information:
Agricultural Assistance Programs
The USDA Natural Resources Conservation Services
- The Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) provides financial and technical assistance to agricultural producers and non-industrial forest managers to address natural resource concerns and deliver environmental benefits such as improved water and air quality, conserved ground and surface water, increased soil health and reduced soil erosion and sedimentation, improved or created wildlife habitat, and mitigation against drought and increasing weather volatility.
- USDA Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP)
Other State Drought Programs
Department of Water Resources (DWR) Drought Funding
- DWR has received funding under the California 2021 budget for Drought Assistance. Most programs are focused on community drinking water systems.
- For more information on State Drought Funding, got to: DWR Drought Funding
State Water Resources Control Board Division of Financial Assistance Drought Funding
- The State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) has funding available to assist water systems and individual households (through RCAC) to address drought-related drinking water emergencies.
- For more information on available programs, go to DWDroughtfund
This page will be updated as programs to assist residents and businesses impacted by the 2021 Drought become available.
*Last updated March 28, 2023