This page provides a list of drought related resources for residents and businesses. The resources provide easy to use links to the service providers pages. This page will be updated as helpful resources are identified.
- Well Pump Installation and Repair Providers
- Well Repair Services
- Well Permits - Glenn County Planning & Community Development Services - Environmental Health
- California Department of Public Health Certified Potable Water Haulers List
City of Orland Emergency Domestic Use Water Program
- The City of Orland is providing water for domestic use in Glenn County to potable water haulers at a rate of $10 per 1,000 gallons. Individuals can also set up an account through the City of Orland to fill tanks that can be transported to the filling site. For information on this emergency potable water program, please contact the City of Orland at 530-865-1610
- Safe Drinking Water and Storage Containers Fact Sheet
- Water Conservation Tips - Save Our Water
Information on managing landscape, home, farm and ranch water resources- UC - California Institute for Water Resources
For financial assistance programs, go to the Drought Assistance Programs page.
Bottled Water Distribution Events:
- July 21, 2021, 4 to 7 p.m.
- July 28, 2021, 4 to 6 p.m.
Location: Orland Fire Department, 810 5th St., Orland, CA 95963. Rear parking lot - bays.
Requirements: Must be a resident of Glenn County.
- Residents must complete a Glenn County Dry Well report.
- Limit 10 cases per household.
Water Distribution Event during the Fire Awareness & Ice Cream Social
Dates: July 23, 2021
Time: 6 to 8 p.m.
Location: Elk Creek High School Football Field, 3430 CR 309, Elk Creek, CA
Bottled water will be available at the Glenn County Sheriff's Office - OES/SAR table during this event for those residents who have filed a dry well report. Limited supplies will be available at this event.
*Additional events may be scheduled, based on supply.
Please do not bring donations to the water distribution sites. We understand our community wants to help; however, we are unable to accept individual donations at this time. Although we appreciate the donations of goods and supplies, it is very difficult to manage and distribute.
For more information, see press release
Last Update July 19, 2021