The Continuum of Care (CoC) is a community plan to organize and deliver housing and services to meet the specific needs of people who are homeless as they more to stable housing and maximum self-sufficiency. It includes action steps to end homelessness and prevent a return to homelessness. The CoC should:
1. Convene a network of providers and organizations that share ideas, concerns and resources applicable to homelessness issues; and
2. Fosters collaboration and coordination in addressing the needs of the homeless or at-risk of homelessness; and
3. Promotes equal access to effective utilization of mainstream programs and resources; and
4. Increases community awareness and advocates for homeless issues; and
5. Serves as the educator on the root causes of homelessness and the possible ways to improve the health outcomes for persons experiencing homelessness.
The Dos Rios Continuum of Care (CoC) serves Colusa, Glenn, and Trinity Counties. The Dos Rios CoC promotes equal access to, and effective use of, mainstream resources and funding to optimize the capacity of individuals and families experiencing homelessness to reach self-sufficiency. The Dos Rios Continuum of Care envisions communities where every person is appropriately and safely housed with supportive services that will alleviate homelessness through increased outreach and prevention efforts and assistance towards improved health outcomes.
If you are interested in being placed on distribution lists to receive general information, meeting invitations, or funding opportunity announcements, please fill out this survey: https://forms.office.com/g/Ge6E28CGqA
ANNOUNCEMENT: Homeless Housing Assistance and Prevention Round-5: Request for Funds
The Dos Rios Continuum of Care has released a Request for Funds for Homeless Housing, and Assistance and Prevention Program, Round 5. All applicants must submit one (1) electronic copy via email with the completed RFF and attachments by 5:00 PM on March 8, 2024 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application can be found through the following links:
Dos Rios CoC Executive Board
The Dos Rios Continuum of Care if governed by an Executive Board made up of representatives from each of the three counties served. For 2024, the Dos Rios CoC Executive Board is comprised of the following voting board members:
- Colusa County: Elizabeth Kelly (Department of Health & Human Services) and Tony Hobson (Behavioral Health)
- Glenn County: Bill Wathen (Department of Health & Human Services) and Vacant (TBD)
- Trinity County: Jesse Ferguson (Department of Health & Human Services) and Vacant (TBD)
The Lead Agency for the Dos Rios CoC is the Colusa-Glenn-Trinity Community Action Partnership, which is administered through the Glenn County Community Action Department. If you have any questions or wish for more information, please contact the CoC at email@example.com or call (530) 865-6129.
2023 CoC (Continuum of Care) Collaborative Application
The final draft of the Continuum of Care Collaborative Application and Priority Listing are now posted. CA-523 plans to submit the final application no later than Thursday, September 28th, 2023.