This position is responsible for the supervision of the Food and Beverage employees and the day to day department operations. Performs all duties assigned in accordance with Rolling Hills Casino policies and procedures. Provides excellent guest service at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees department and improves staff effectiveness by coaching, counseling, training and recommending disciplinary action for employees.
- Directs assignments, assist with work schedules, and approves time.
- Works with point of sale system, Microsoft office, InfoGenesis, and other in house computer programs.
- Ensures optimum staffing levels by coordinating schedules to meet business needs.
- Works with internal inventory control systems and completes inventory in areas of responsibility.
- Handles all customer complaints and takes corrective action as needed.
- Maintains a hospitable and team atmosphere with fellow staff.
- Communicates on a regular basis with the Food and Beverage Manager.
- Attend and pass a written test from the TipS & Serve- Safe program.
- Sells alcohol beverages and food to guests, following TipS guidelines.
- Balances and reconciles cash & credit card transactions.
- Trains new employees and monitors their activity.
- Orders merchandise or prepare requisitions and inventory.
- Monitors customer satisfaction of food, service, and atmosphere.
- Prepares memos and provide written direction to team/staff members.
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures.
- Attends periodic and regular trainings and meetings.
- Follow established company and departmental standards for personal appearance and behavior.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Slip-resistant shoes
Directly supervises up to 45 employees in area of responsibility. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing and resolving complaints.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred and four years specialized experience working in the food services industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience required. Knowledge Microsoft Office required. Previous experience with a Point of Sale (POS) systems required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply-common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Gaming license issued by the Paskenta Gaming Commission. TipS and Serve- Safe certification as trained at Rolling Hills Casino. Must obtain Title 31 certification as trained by Rolling Hills Casino.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must continually lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, and tobacco smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties, responsibilities and requirements pertaining to this job are subject to change, as needed