Obtains financial data for use in auditing daily accounting for all gaming and operational areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Audits cage, slot banks, vault and soft count, table games, food and beverage and retail outlets to verify and record revenue and conducts investigation into variances.
- Reviews casino documents for gaming regulation violations and procedural deficiencies and works with casino departments to correct those deficiencies.
- Generates statistical gaming reports and other financial reporting reflecting revenue for use of management in determining operational direction.
- Interacts with other departments to develop procedures and training needed to adequately safeguard assets.
- Prepares and verifies general ledger accounting entries.
- Performs special analyses and reconciliations as directed by Manager.
- Assists department team members with other activities and projects as necessary.
- Must learn, comprehend and comply with company policies and procedures, MICS, Gaming Regulations and Regulation 31 requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Strong computer experience, including spreadsheet experience required, 10-key by touch, excellent organization skills, attention to detail, good math skills, knowledge of financial, general ledger, and daily journal entries, outstanding analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education and/or Experience
One-year college level accounting and one year of accounting/full charge bookkeeping experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to write business correspondence, documentation and routine procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Gaming license issued by the Paskenta Gaming Commission. Must obtain Title 31 certification as trained by Rolling Hills Casino.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to tobacco smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties, responsibilities, requirements, and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change and other duties may be assigned.