Glenn County August Complex Fires Update 8/25/2020
August 25, 2020
Glenn County Sheriff’s Office – Office of Emergency Services, in coordination with Cal-Fire and US Forest Service, has jointly reviewed and determined it is appropriate to reduce the evacuation areas near the August Complex Fires in western Glenn County.
Please be advised of the reduction of evacuation areas, effective immediately.
The Evacuation Warning has been lifted for the following areas:
Area of Burrows Gap south to Colusa County Line
From the Forest Boundary East to County Road 306
- This includes the communities of Elk Creek, Chrome, and Grindstone Rancheria
- From the Forest Boundary East to County Road 306
Newville from County Road 306 East to Black Butte Lake
- From Country Road 200 south to Burrows Gap
The Evacuation Order for the following areas will remain in effect:
Mendocino National Forest (Forest Closure)
- From Forest Boundary line in Glenn County, west to Mendocino County
Area of Newville (County Rd 200) from County Road 306, west to Forest Boundary
- From Tehama County Line, south to County Road 200.
Evacuation Order Area is closed to non-responders. Residents should remain out of this area and should not return until the Order is removed.
- SR 162: East of County Rd 306 – open to normal traffic
- County Rd 306: from County Rd 200 south to Colusa County line – open to normal traffic
- County Rd 308: from County Rd 306 to West End – Open to normal traffic
The following road will remain closed:
- County Rd 200: from County Rd 306 to west (closed to non-responders)
For more information, contact the Glenn County Sheriff’s Office at 934-6441, visit our website: www.countyofglenn.net/sheriff or access us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/glenncountysheriff or Call 2-1-1. For Fire information from Cal-Fire call 530-529-9233 or go to www.fire.ca.gov . For USFS Fire information: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6983/