COVID cases on the Rise
COVID on the Rise
Glenn County has seen a rise in COVID positive cases this past week. Glenn County currently has 30 active positive cases (total 65 cases since March), an increase of 23 cases in four days. The majority of cases remain in the north part of Glenn County with only a few in southern region of the county. The increase in cases is linked to social gatherings. Social gatherings, household, and worksite spread continue to disseminate the illness to additional persons.
Two worksites have been impacted, Sierra Nevada Cheese and Olson’s Meat Packing. The facilities have a limited number of cases in employees. Glenn County Public Health has provided guidance to the management team of each facility to limit the spread of disease and to further promote health and sanitation at the facility. The worksites have protocols in place for physical distancing, the use of face coverings, provide access to hand hygiene such as hand sanitizer and soap, and increased sanitation of the worksite.
All positive cases are isolated at home. Public Health will continue to monitor them through daily checks until they are no longer infectious. For each confirmed case, Public Health conducts a thorough investigation to identify and notify close contacts, and provides sustained monitoring of close contacts for a 14-day period.
Everyone must do his or her part to limit the spread of disease:
- Stay home if you're feeling sick
- Be aware and monitor for COVID-19 symptoms and get tested if symptomatic
- Reduce or do not take part in social gatherings where close, sustained contact with family members and friends from other households occurs
- Practice physical distancing (Keep 6 feet apart)
- Wash your hands and disinfect surfaces
- Wear a mask or face covering when in public and in situations when you are unable to physically distance from others
For additional information, visit our local COVID-19 webpage: www.countyofglenn.net/COVID19. Residents can also call Public Health at 934-6588 or Butte-Glenn 2-1-1 for resource information. For additional updates, follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/glenncountyhhsa or Twitter at https://twitter.com/glenncohhsa.