August Complex Fire Update 8/21/20
August 21st Update
The August Complex Fires in western Glenn County are managed by both US Forest Service and Cal-Fire. Glenn County Sheriff’s Office – Office of Emergency Services is coordinating the County response operations with both lead fire agencies.
Please be advised that due to the reduction in evacuation orders last night in Glenn County, most residents are now in only Evacuation Warning zones and may return to their homes. The Temporary Evacuation Point staffed by Red Cross and Glenn County HHSA at Willows City Hall is closing tonight at 5:00 p.m. Friday, August 21st. Red Cross has notified residents sheltered in area hotels.
The Glenn County Animal Shelter at Glenn County Fairgrounds in Orland is also closing tonight, Friday, August 21st at 5:00 p.m. All owners have been contacted and instructed to pick up their pets.
The Evacuation areas are as follows:
Mendocino National Forest (Forest Closure)
- From Forest Boundary line in Glenn County, west to Mendocino County
Area of Newville (County Rd 200) from County Road 306, west to Forest Boundary
- From Tehama County Line, south to Burrows gap
Evacuation Order Area is closed to non-responders. Residents should leave the area and should not return until the area the Order is removed.
Area of Burrows Gap south to Colusa County Line (Updated 8/21/20 southern end extended)
From the Forest Boundary East to County Road 306
- This includes the communities of Elk Creek, Chrome, and Grindstone Rancheria
- From the Forest Boundary East to County Road 306
Newville from County Road 306 East to Black Butte Lake
- From Country Road 200 south to Burrows Gap
Residents in an Evacuation Warning Area may return to their homes, however, should remain alert and prepared should the conditions change.
County Road 306 is CLOSED to non-resident traffic. Responders and residents are the only people permitted to use this roadway at this time.
- SR 162: East of County Rd 306 (open to residents & responders only)
- County Rd 306: from County Rd 200 south to Colusa County line (open to residents & responders only) (Updated 8/21/20)
- County Rd 200: from County Rd 306 to west (closed to non-responders)
- County Rd 308: from County Rd 306 to West End (closed to non-responders)
For more information, contact the Glenn County Sheriff’s Office at 934-6441, visit our website: www.countyofglenn.net/sheriff or access us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/glenncountysheriff or Call 2-1-1. For Fire information from Cal-Fire call 530-538-7826 or go to www.fire.ca.gov . For USFS Fire information: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6983/