2020 Census Follow-up: Communities of Interest (COI) Input Meeting
Public Notice: The following information is shared on behalf of the California Citizens Redistricting Commission and is not a County of Glenn event.
Attention Glenn County Community Members: The 2020 California Citizens Redistricting Commission will have another Communities of Interest (COI) Input Meeting.
It will be Monday, July 19, 2021, focusing on Zone B - Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Lassen, Modoc, Plumas, Shasta, Siskiyou and Tehama.
The time is 2:00-6:00pm or upon conclusion of business.
Registration Link: https://www.wedrawthelinesca.org/july_19_coi_input_meeting
Registration is recommended but not required to participate in this public input meeting. If you prefer not to provide personal information for registration, you can call in the day of the event to get in the queue to speak.
DURING THE MEETING YOU WILL BE ASKED TO DESCRIBE YOUR COMMUNITY.
While there are no clear rules on how to define a community of interest, here are a few for you to describe your community.
- Begin with your county or city.
- Mention the street names and significant locations in your neighborhood to help us identify the parameters of your community.
- What are your shared interests?
- What brings you together?
- What is important to your community?
- Are there nearby areas you want to be in a district with?
- Nearby areas you don't want to be in a district with? Why or why not?
- Has your community come together to advocate for important services, better schools, roads, or health centers in your neighborhood?
For information on all upcoming meetings please visit: www.wedrawthelinesca.org/meetings