Notice is hereby given by the Glenn County Local Agency Formation Commission that a public hearing will be held on Monday, December 11, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. in the Glenn County Board of Supervisors' Chambers, Memorial Hall, 525 West Sycamore Street, 2nd Floor, Willows, California, regarding the following:
County of Glenn Government
Glenn County is a General Law County governed by the Board of Supervisors who serve as the legislative and executive body of County government and various Special Districts. The Board is responsible for exercising its legislative and quasi-judicial authority, within budgetary constraints, to provide for the health, welfare and safety of the residents of the County of Glenn.
In carrying out the mandates set by law, the Board is also charged with performing the following specific duties:
- To conduct appeal hearings related to decisions of the Planning Commission and consider General Plan Amendments
- To act as the County Board of Equalization providing County taxpayers with a system for appealing valuations placed on their properties by the Assessor
- To serve as the Air Pollution Control District, to serve as the In Home Support Services Public Authority Governing Board
- To sit as the Board of Supervisors for Code Enforcement Administrative Hearings
- To serve as the appointing authority designating citizen representatives to Special Districts, County Committees, and Local, State and National Boards and Commissions.
Visit California State Association of Counties for further information on the organizational structure of California Counties.