Glenn County was incorporated on March 5, 1891. The County seat, Willows, was created March 11, 1891.
Glenn County was developed out of the northern portion of Colusa County and was named for Dr. Hugh J. Glenn (right), who was the largest wheat farmer in the state during his lifetime, and a man of great prominence in political and commercial life in California. Glenn County has a population of 26,950.
Photos courtesy of CSU, Chico Digital Collections