The Planning Division monitors development through implementation of the zoning and land division regulations.
The Planning Division provides staff and coordinates the Planning Commission, Airport Land Use Commission, CDBG Reuse Committee, Transportation Commission, and Regional Transit Committee. It manages resources within the county through the Williamson Act and the Surface Mining and Reclamation Act. The Planning Division is responsible for the maintenance and implementation of the General Plan. Additional activities include environmental review, economic development assistance, regulation maintenance, mitigation monitoring and reporting, as well as, grant writing and management.
The Planning Division has the following responsibilities:
- Implement the County General Plan and Zoning Code adopted by the Board of Supervisors to benefit the citizens of Glenn County
- Provide information on planning and zoning to landowners, realtors, appraisers and developers
- Review County projects and private development projects for compliance with California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
- Review site plans for building permit applications
- Process the various types of development permits including Conditional Use Permits, Administrative Permits and Tentative Parcel Maps
- Mitigation monitoring services
- Surface Mining and Reclamation Act compliance—mining activity oversight
- Maintenance of Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Maintenance of the Emergency 911 house numbering system
- Staff support for all divisions of the Planning and Community Development Services Agency as well as these other governmental bodies:< >Airport Land Use Commission,Planning Commission,Regional Transit Committee-governing board of Glenn Transit Service,Transportation Commission-Regional Transportation Planning Agency